Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Another Recommended Read



Another book I just recently read was Spirited Away by Cindy Miles. This was Cindy's first book, but it's just delightful! And very well written. I discovered this great book by receiving one of her bookmarks at a writers' retreat this past fall. Since I've always been a fan of ghost romances, this one instantly caught my eye. I'm so glad I got that bookmark! I was a big fan of author Angie Ray's when she was writing her ghost romances back in the 1990's. I've missed them. But Cindy is filling the void for me.

Spirited Away is a fun, tender romance that keeps you wondering if Andie Monroe, a forensic archaeologist, will ever be able to really touch her knight in shining armour, Tristan de Barre, who has been haunting the halls of his castle since 1292. The sexual tension in this novel just sizzles off the page. And Andi and Tristan are joined by some wonderful secondary characters--like Tristan's band of brave and ghostly knights, and Jameson, the staunch but tender-hearted butler.

I loved everything about this book. I couldn't put it down. Bravo, Cindy. I'm looking forward to reading Into Thin Air. Visit Cindy's web site at www.cindy-miles.com

Do you like romances with a ghostly character, either as one of the main characters, or a secondary character? If so, why? I've always thought it'd be cool to have a friendship with a ghost. Just think of the unique conversations you could have with someone who experienced history first hand?

1 comment:

Cindy Miles said...

Hi Sherry (and everyone!)! Thanks for your kind words on Spirited Away! They are so appreciated!

And, the entire Dreadmoor Gang from Spirited Away plays a giant part in my second book, Into Thin Air. :)

I've never had a ghostly encounter myself, but after reading The Ghost of Dibble Hollow by May Nickerson Wallace, (older book, I read it when I was a kid and it's still one of my favorite ghosties!) I always thought it'd be neat to bump into a ghost from times past!

Thanks again, Sherry!