Friday, November 23, 2007

Elvis Contest--ENTER NOW!



Hey, Readers.

Again, I apologize for the delay in updating my blog. It's been a tough month. My dad passed away on November 12th, and as you can imagine, I have had other things on my mind. But my dad was a writer, too, and he would want me to move ahead and get busy promoting my new Studs for Hire book, Woman in Charge. So to help do that I'm hosting an Elvis contest on my web site . Hop on over to www.sherryjames.com to get entered. You could be the winner of an autographed copy of Studs for Hire: Woman in Charge, Christmas Chocolates, AND a cool Elvis Guitar ornament! All just in time for Christmas. The Contest runs Nov. 23 - Dec. 23, 2007. Oh, and btw, you can get your name in the hat twice, too! Check out all the details on my web site to find out how.

Have you experienced an Elvis sighting? If so, you can share all the details with me here, or email me at sherryjames@hamilton.net and I'll post all sightings on my web site.

Good Luck with the Contest!
Sherry

5 comments:

Intrigue Authors said...

Wow, I wish I could say I'd seen Elvis--only in a couple of TV specials I watched this past summer. Took me down memory lane.

You know, for as much hype and glitz and glam as surrounded the king, he really was a talented singer. I still get worked up and feel like standing when he does his Battle Hymn of the Republic trilogy.

And I must say, I'm a bit of an Elvis movie fan. I've always loved GIRL HAPPY, and will stop and watch it if I'm flipping through the channels. His "Puppet on a String" (I'm not sure of the title) is such a sweet song.

Hugs on your dad. Sounds like your writing is a great way to honor his memory.

Best,
Julie Miller

Anonymous said...

I, too, have no Elvis sightings to report...I wish I did! But I'm going to head on over and enter the contest, just for the fun of it!

Margaret

Sherry James said...

Julie, you are so right. Elvis was extremely talented. And he accomplished so much in a life cut way too short.

And hey, we do have an Elvis sighting! Remember the Elvis tribute artist at the Harlequin party in Denver? He was cool! I think I have a picture of him somewhere posing by a car. The women were all fawning over him. Well, then I was kind of tongue-tied, too. Geesh!

Sherry

Sherry James said...

Margaret--

Hey, thanks for entering the contest! Good Luck! But think harder, you might have an Elvis sighting to report and don't even realize it. I'll explain more in a new post!

Sherry

Intrigue Authors said...

Yes! I remember the Elvis tribute artist. That was at the Denver RWA conference. He was so much fun. I remember a bunch of us dancing and singing right along with him. Fun!

And, of course, I love the Elvis theme (and diehard fans!) in your book. I think you've got another hit with Woman in Charge!

Congrats,
Julie Miller